Magic Mushrooms For The Win
Seventeen Veterans are killing themselves every day. That’s 17 families suddenly thrown into chaos and grief beyond coping. In those locations where magic mushrooms have been decriminalized, we want our Vets and families to get every weapon in the fight against suicide. We make every effort to update this list. If you find and error or have a better page to help others, please contact us.
Note: OAS only advocates micro-dosing any psychedelic for purposes of PTSD and suicide ideation reduction to save and restore lives. We see psilcybin and the like as the future and like most Veterans, we may not like messing around with them, but it’s medicine, not recreational.
Magic Mushroom DIY Center
Shroomery – Magic Mushrooms Demystified
Uncle Ben’s – Reddit Magic Mushroom DIY Growers Forum
Uh, Is It Legal?
- Legal in Oregon and California for mental health treatment in supervised settings since 1 February 2021.
- Illegal (decriminalized in Seattle, Washington; Ann Arbor, Michigan; Denver, Colorado; Oakland, California; Santa Cruz, California; Somerville and Cambridge, Massachusetts; Oregon and Washington D.C.).
- Legal in Oregon for mental health treatment in supervised settings since 1 February 2021.
- Illegal (Grow kits and spores legal in most states, full cultivation decriminalized in Seattle, Washington; Ann Arbor, Michigan; Denver, Colorado; Santa Cruz, California; Somerville and Cambridge, Massachusetts; Oregon and Washington D.C.).
High Marks For Magic Mushrooms DIY Beating PTSD
Everyday, positive and exciting magic mushroom research hits the internet. And from highly respected sources like Maryland’s Johns Hopkins. England’s Beckley Foundation, who partners with Hopkins, has been doing this since 1998. Out west, UC Berkeley launched a whole new research center called the Center for the Science of Psychedelics in 2020.
At Johns Hopkins, researchers report that two doses of the psychedelic substance psilocybin, given with supportive psychotherapy, produced rapid and large reductions in depressive symptoms. Most participants showed improvement and half of study participants achieving remission through the four-week follow-up. Here’s an interview with one of those Johns Hopkins patients describing his before, during and after experience.
About Magic Mushrooms
Psilocybin, the active ingredient found in “magic” mushrooms, or “shrooms,” is a powerful psychedelic. Despite being about 100 times less potent than LSD, it’s capable of altering perception of space and time, causing visual distortions, euphoria, and mystical experiences.
Unlike marijuana, which has seen a dramatic shift both in terms of support of legalization and recognized therapeutic uses, or MDMA, which has grabbed headlines in recent years for its potential to treat PTSD (some researchers believe the drug could see Food and Drug Administration approval as soon as 2021), psilocybin lacks the same degree of cultural cachet.
What is Microdosing?
Very small amounts of the active ingredient taken during a session. If we were talking about a Ketamine IV drip therapy session, you would expect about 1% of what they would use to knock you out for surgery.
For microdosing on magic mushrooms, experienced growers recommend 0.1g to start, then vary your amounts there (0.2g, 0.3g).
Experts recommend using grams (g) as your unit of reference instead of worrying about micro or milligrams with shrooms.
A good trip would be 2-3g
A light trip would be 1g
A “mini” dose is a half of a light trip, or 0.5g. This would give a decently noticeable effect, but not a full trip by any means.
A microdose is a tenth of a light trip, or 0.1g.
Legal In Canada
In March 2021, Washington DC decriminalized magic mushroom. Oregon did the same a year before in November.
However, it will take two years for any shops to open, but Veterans are still getting a taste of these great new PTSD and depression drugs right now. Their experiences are guided by an expert, and some Vets hate the experience, but love the results.
Canada has dispensaries, and here is what The Mushroom Dispensary told us when we requested some information:
- We are willing to accept membership from another country, but we cannot send anything across borders or outside of Canada.
- If you have a Canadian address, or are coming to Canada, we can ship to your address here.
- You will still need to fill out the online membership form to place an order, and you will need access to a Canadian bank account to submit payment for your order.
- If you will be here for a limited time, let me know what dates you will be here and I will make sure your order arrives at the appropriate time.
Links for More Information:
- Go here for FDA-approved therapies
- Go here for drug-free PTSD abatement techniques
- Go here for suicide prevention tips
- Go here to download this guide in MS Word
- Go here to download this guide as a PDF
About Once A Soldier: Starting in 2017, our mission is to limit the scars of Veteran suicide. We offer prevention services and postvention services. We reach a national audience and our goal is to become the preferred channel for those who want to help Veteran families who need our services. With 17 Veteran suicides a day in 2021, we believe our two niche services will make a difference to each family and to our nation.